Cranbury Logistics Center Building Number One
Tragedy struck the plant on July 21, 1954, when an accidental explosion killed two workers, injuring others, and sent live munitions flying across the entire site. Less than 10 days later, the New Jersey Department of Labor shut down the site.
It remained closed for 50 years until its geographical location was just too valuable for the property to remain empty. It sits along State Highway 130 and the New Jersey Turnpike Exit 8, and is only a 30-minute drive from the port of Newark in northern New Jersey.
This project included:
The Cranbury Brickyard would transform from an overgrown swamp full of trees and unexploded munitions into a 2,800,000 square foot warehouse distribution park. It includes three large warehouses on the property. Diamond Materials has developed the property from the remains of the old munitions facility, including cleanup of the munitions, to the 2.8 million square foot warehouse park it is today.