Newark Elkton Road
The Elkton Road Improvements Project is the second phase of work on Elkton Road. The purpose of the project is to reconstruct deteriorating pavement, improve traffic capacity and operations, add pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and improve safety. Some improvements include:
- Reconstruction of Elkton Road pavement from the MD state line to Gravenor Lane and widening of Elkton Road to provide three northbound travel lanes from Ott Chapel Road to SR 4 (Christina Parkway).
- Addition of a second right turn lane from westbound SR 4 onto northbound Elkton Road.
- Additional pedestrian crossings at the following Elkton Road intersections:
- a. Stone Gate Boulevard/Fletchwood Road – across Elkton Road and Stone Gate Boulevard
- b. Otts Chapel Road – across Elkton Road, Otts Chapel Road, and Louviers Credit Union entrance drive
- c. Interchange Boulevard – across Elkton Road and Interchange Boulevard
- d. SR 4 (Christina Parkway)/Suburban Drive – second across Elkton Road
- e. Existing pedestrian crossings at McIntire Drive will be maintained
- New lighting throughout the project limits.
- Upgrading pedestrian, bicycle, and transit facilities.
Check out https://www.elktonroadimprovements.com/ for more information.
Caissons being drilled for concrete supports for the new pedestrian walkway bridge on Newark-Elkton Rd improvements.